A. K. McDaniel Photograph Collection : Alaska Gold Mines Co., Juneau, Alaska, 1912
Identifier: PCA 120
Scope and Contents
Two albums: Progress pictures: Perseverance Division (views 1-49); Progress pictures: Sheep Creek Division (views 50-91).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the collection must be discussed with the Librarian. Photocopying does not constitute permission to publish.
Biographical / Historical
In 1912 the Alaska Gold Mines Co. acquired the mineral lands in the Sheep and Gold Creek Basins and the mill site at the mouth of Sheep Creek from the Alaska Perseverance Mining Co. The Alaska Gastineau Mining Co. operated the Alaska Gold Mines Co. The development which began in 1912 was completed in 1915. Mr. A.K. McDaniel, a consulting mining engineer, worked for Alaska Gastineau Mining Company in Juneau and Thane in 1912.
2 Volumes : 91 black and white photographs
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Emerson S. Ellett.
Existence and Location of Copies
Some photographs in this collection have been digitized and are available to view via Alaska's Digital Archives.
Collection inventoried at item level.
- Finding aid for the A. K. McDaniel Photograph Collection : Alaska Gold Mines Co., Juneau, Alaska, 1912
- Processed by: Staff ; Revised by: Sara Bornstein, January 2014 ; ArchivesSpace Finding Aid by: Sandra Johnston, July 2019 ; Inventory Added by: Connie Hamann
- 2020 December
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note